Tuesday 24 June 2014

SEEDY FRUITY FLAPJACKS



On Sunday I made muffins to take to work because I’m nice, but as I’m also forgetful I left them at home. Therefore yesterday I made flapjacks to take to work because I’m nice, and wasn’t on this occasion forgetful. Here they are in all their seedy fruity golden-syrupy goodness for all you nice people out there (and not-so-nice, I’m not here to judge). Gluten-free and everything, and so so easy to make.




SEEDY FRUITY FLAPJACKS


Adapted from Lyle's Golden Syrup

140g (3/4 cup) coconut oil
125g (1 cup) soft brown sugar
3 tablespoons golden syrup
juice and zest of 1 lemon
200g (2 ¾ cup) porridge oats
50g (1/2 cup) sesame seeds, toasted
50g (1/4 cup) pumpkin seeds
50g (1/3 cup) sunflower seeds
40g (1/3 cup) dried berries (I used goji berries, cranberries, blueberries)
10g (1 tablespoon) pine nuts

Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F and line a shallow cake/brownie tin with baking paper. Put the coconut oil, sugar, golden syrup, lemon zest and juice into a pan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the seeds, dried berries and oats. Spoon the mixture into the tin, level and press it down evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until just golden around the edges. Once cooked remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes in tin, then cut into squares whilst still warm. When completely cool, remove from the tin and slide onto a board. Cut into portions with a sharp knife then serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment